Motorist Awareness Program
GWRRA Motorist Awareness Program Web Page
ALRIGHT CHAPTERS YOUR MOTORIST AWARENESS PROGRAM IS CHANGING
I WILL BE COMING AROUND AND MEET WITH YOU ALL TO LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WILL ALL WORK!!
You all have supported our program very well in Louisiana, thank you all for your support. It will take time to get used to the change but we are already doing this!! But the most thing I like is NO MORE N23íS!! I will be calling each chapter this month to explain it all. Mary and I plan to travel to your chapters to talk to you all about the change I think you will like it!!
Instead of the Chapter Motorist Awareness Coordinator getting all the recognition now each member has a chance to get a Merit award!!
Each chapter just needs to keep up with what they are doing concerning Motorist Awareness and list the event and turn in the name of the one in the chapter that set up the event to me each month beginning in June.
The list of what they would like is listed below. Others will be added soon > any questions call me. The only bad question is not asking about it.
So call and thank you again for your support!!
Mickey and Mary Searels
LA-District Motorist Awareness Coordinator
337 370 8956
THE MOTORIST AWARENESS PROGRAM GOLD AWARD
The Motorist Awareness Program Gold Award is presented at GWRRA Region or District Conventions by the Region or District Motorist Awareness Program Officer or the Motorist Awareness Program Director. This award recognizes members who have contributed to the safety of motorcycle riders in at least five of the following ways:
1. Presentations to students of public or private schools or universities.
2. Presentations to members of community organizations, both civic and religious. (one event per organization counted per calendar year)
3. Presentation to Driving Schools.
4. Presentation to AAA or AARP driver classes.
5. Presentation or MAP exhibit at Company Safety Days.(one event per company per year)
6. Presentation or MAP exhibit at Community Safety Days.(one event per community per year)
7. Presentation or MAP exhibit at the National Night Out.
8. Presentation or MAP exhibit at a community festival or fair.